Since 2016, I’ve been writing about my solo vagabond adventures while living as a full-timer in my Safari Condo Alto 1743 travel trailer. From the Pacific coast to the Atlantic, from the maritimes of Canada to the desert Southwest, it’s all here. Pick a vagabond adventure as an armchair traveler or learn about cool places to visit on your next trip.
Pro tip: Use the search box in the upper right corner to find specific things.
- Art, Architecture, and Museums: Cool places to explore across the US
- Back Roads: Get off the Interstate and explore the country
- Great Lakes (2021): Touring the coastlines of Lakes Michigan, Huron, and Superior
- Colorado Plateau (2021): National Parks in Colorado, Utah, and Arizona
- Desert Days (2020): Spending time in the desert southwest
- Pandemic Camping (2020): Southeastern camping during a pandemic
- Southern Civil Rights Tour (2019): Learn more about the civil rights movement in the South
- Pacific Northwest (2019): The magical places of the PacNW
- Vancouver Island (2019): Three places I really loved on the island
- Maritimes Tour (2018): New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, PEI, and Quebec
- Southwestern National Parks (2021): From Great Sand Dunes (CO) to the North Rim of the Grand Canyon (AZ), here’s a guide to seeing eight spectacular national parks of the West.
- Minnesota to Colorado (2021): 5 states in 20 days
- Southern Route (2018) Arizona to Florida in less than 3 weeks. Even fulltimers have to have a legal domicile and now mine is in Florida, which is why I did this particular trip.
- Eastbound to Quebec (2016): Driving to pick up my Alto travel trailer
- Westbound Quebec to Seattle (2016): My very first Alto trip, and all the things I learned to do (and not do). Read this if you think you can’t do full-timing because you’ve never towed a thing. I hadn’t either and I survived.