Since 2016, I’ve been writing about my solo vagabond adventures while living as a full-timer in my Safari Condo Alto 1743 travel trailer. From the Pacific coast to the Atlantic, from the maritimes of Canada to the desert Southwest, it’s all here. Pick a vagabond adventure as an armchair traveler or learn about cool places to visit on your next trip.
Pro tip: Use the search function in the upper right corner to search for posts by state.
- Great Lakes Tour: From Michigan to Minnesota, vagabond adventures along the water.
- Minnesota to Colorado: 5 states in 20 days
- Colorado Plateau Explorations: Colorado, Utah, and Arizona
- Desert Days: Spending time in the desert southwest, both solo and with others.
- Pandemic Camping: Staying close to home in the southeastern US during COVID-19.
- Southern Civil Rights Tour: Solo trip to learn more about the civil rights movement in the deep South.
- Pacific Northwest: From BC to Washington and down to Oregon, the magical places of the PacNW.
- Southern Route: Arizona to Florida in less than 3 weeks. Even fulltimers have to have a legal domicile and now mine is in Florida, which is why I did this particular trip.
- Maritimes Tour: A few months of travel in New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, and Quebec, solo and with Alto friends.
- Eastbound to Quebec: The trip with tow vehicle to pick up my new Alto travel trailer.
- Westbound Quebec to Seattle: My very first Alto trip, and all the things I learned to do (and not do). Read this if you think you can’t do full-timing because you’ve never towed a thing. I hadn’t either and I survived.