On May 2, 2016, I picked up my Safari Condo Alto 1743 trailer at the showroom in Levis, Quebec. I’ve learned a lot since then about Altos and about the RV life. So many people helped me get started (and continue to help and support me) so this is my way of paying it forward. Whether you’re trying to decide on a trailer or you just want to know about the life, this is the place to start.
- Setting Up Camp: Alto-specific instructions and ideas
- Lithium Battery and Solar Power while Boondocking (2021)
- The Power and the Gory: Battery usage while boondocking (2017)
- Beating the Heat: Tips to Survive Summer in an Alto (2019)
- Kitchen KonMari: What and how to stow kitchen and dining stuff
- Touring the Alto Nursery: The Safari Condo factory tour
- Recommendations for Inside and Outside the Alto
- Subaru Outback – My tow vehicle from May 2016 to February 2020
- Honda Ridgeline – My current tow vehicle, as of March 2020.
Alto Experiences by Year
Every year on the anniversary of the date when I picked up my Safari Condo Alto 1743 trailer, I write a look back at how the year has gone. Some years I learn more than others!
- Alto-versary #5 (2021)
- Alto-versary #4 (2020)
- Alto-versary #3 (2019) and 2019 Mods
- 1000 days of Alto (Jan 2019)
- Alto-versary #2 (2018)
- One Year Review (Changes and Mods to my Alto)
- Alto-versary #1 (2017)
- Six Month Review (Reviewing the options I selected)
- Westward: My first Alto trailer trip