I’m a vagabond who likes travel photography and writing about the places I see. My work concentrates on the natural world, from large-scale panorams to the smallest details, in color or black and white.
- My photo blog features “behind the scenes” writings about my photography.
- Click on 52 Frames to read about posts about the weekly photography challenge I’ve done for a few years. Here are links to my albums by year:
- Sunday Serenity: Occasional photo essays reflecting on modern living.
- Family Stories: Sifting through photos and memories to create snapshots of place and time.
- Close to Home 2020 looks at 30 days in Gainesville, Florida, where I was during the April ‘shelter in place’ edict. Think of it as 30 snapshots of the COVID-19 pandemic.
I host my photo albums on Smugmug, where you can also download free photos!
Looking for a Camera?
My advice when looking for a camera? Try before you buy.
Find a good camera store or go to a place like Best Buy and try them out. See what sizes fit your hands (too big or too heavy, and you won’t use it as much) and what menu system fits your brain. For example, Canon’s menu system confuses me, but for some reason, Sony’s menu system makes sense to me; you might find the reverse is try.
We are making photographs to understand what our lives mean to us.