Oh, who am I kidding, today was all about Niagara Falls and very little else, in the end.
Eight hours of driving, 425 miles, and totally worth it. If you have never been here, put it on your bucket list NOW. Seriously. Forget all the tourist crap and just stand at the edge of the falls and feel the power of water. It’s mesmerizing. And completely and totally awesome.
In reverse order, then, here are the five coolest photos from today:
5. I’m a serious fangirl of Canadian astronaut Chris Hadfield, and even met him at a book signing last year in Seattle. So to see this as my first “I’m really in Canada” moment was so much fun!
4. The American Falls. Well done, Canada, you definitely have the better falls.
3. Horseshoe Falls, on the Canadian side. Yep, Canada definitely wins the Falls.
2. And because it’s Canada, you can stand right at the edge of the falls without a big stupid ugly 10-foot high fence blocking your view. I’m sure there is a lawyer-instigated fence and restricted access for security reasons or something like that at the American Falls. In Canada, they don’t care. Stand next to the falls, enjoy it! I love Canada.
1. The lights at night are like those crazy underwater lights in your parent’s backyard jacuzzi. Only these are on the FALLS and so they totally rock.
I love the Falls so much that I’m going to have to work up an actual photo album of my favorite shots, and that might be a few days because I’ve got something else going on. Hmm, what was that? Oh, right, something about a trailer pickup. In two more days! And, no, I’m not excited about that at all. TWO MORE DAYS!
- Miles Driven: 425 (2805 overall)
- MPG: 27.5 (26.0 overall)
- Side trips: None, unless you count looking at Flint, Michigan as I drove through…
- States/Provinces: Michigan, Ontario